Our Privacy Principles
- We take your privacy seriously.
- We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information.
- We comply with data privacy laws when using your personal information.
- We only use your information as you expect or in ways that we explain in this document.
- We will limit our information collection and use to the details we really need or that you have provided.
- We will explain your rights to control your personal information.
We want you to understand:
- What personal information we collect about you and where we get it from
- What we do with your personal information
- Who we share your personal information with and why
- How we keep your personal information secure
- How long we keep your information and why
- Your rights and how to use them
- Other details you should know
1. What personal information we collect about you and where we get it from
We collect most information directly from you when you subscribe, participate, order or buy from us.
Plus, we get technical details from the devices you use to access our website and from cookies. Like most websites, our technology also lets us know when and how you use our website, such as when you have filled in a form.
The personal information we collect and use will depend on why we need it. We only collect the personal information we consider we need to use, or which you have agreed we can collect from you.
2. What we do with your personal information
We need to collect and use information about you so that you can use our website, order from us, subscribe to newsletters, and participate in events.
We look at and learn from your browsing, ordering and participation, and how you respond to our marketing activities to understand what sort of customer you are. We try to provide you with information and offers we think you will be interested in based on information like your location, and in what we know about you including through our website.
Our use of your details will depend on you and what you are doing: browsing or subscribing, if you are new to us or have been known to The Mindfulness Clinic for some time. The Use will be different online and via our events but we will try to combine details of our relationship with you in our records.
3. Who we share your personal information with and why
We use suppliers and service providers including external contractors. We only share the personal details they need to know for their services and we make sure your privacy is respected and protected.
We share personal information with third parties when you have told us that we can share, or you agree we can share your information, such as when you register for an event that is provided by a third party.
If we decide to reorganise or sell all or most of our business, your personal information may be transferred to the buyer of the business but we will never sell your personal information to third parties for them to market their products to you.
4. How do we keep your personal information secure
We understand how important it is to keep your personal information safe and secure. We take steps online and in our offices to keep our systems and records secure. We store your data on third-party platforms where all reasonable technical and organisational measures are taken to ensure the confidentiality and security of your information including: encryption; monitoring system confidentiality, integrity and resilience; regular risk assessment and external security penetration tests; providing prompt notice of any personal data breaches that occur.
5. How long we keep your information and why
We will only keep your personal information for a limited period of time. This period will depend on a number of things, such as whether we still need to maintain contact with you. Sometimes we must also keep your information by law, to deal with a regulator or where required by our insurers. We delete your personal information at your request where possible and we won’t keep it for longer than we should or need to for the provision of a service and for communicating with you.
6. Your rights and how to use them
You have rights to find out about how and why we use your personal information and to control its use. These include rights to access and correct your details, in some cases to ask us to limit or stop our use of them and even to delete them. Where we use your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to change your mind and you can always unsubscribe from our direct marketing to you by simply clicking unsubscribe in a marketing email.
7. Other details you should know
From time to time we may update this policy. We’ll send you a copy in the event of major changes, and you can check back here for minor updates.