Mindful Living and Healing Retreat – Golden Door Hunter Valley
April 29 - May 2
Learning to transform pain to wisdom and compassion
Monday 29 April – Thursday 2 May 2019
This retreat is about transforming your pain into wisdom and compassion. We don’t want to let our painful experiences go, without them first informing our hearts and minds. You do not have to go into details of your pain story for it to shift, rather through mindful attention you will experience a release and lightness emerge. Mindful Healing is a transformative process that Charlotte Thaarup has worked with for over ten years. Every day people leave her rooms saying they feel lighter, less hijacked, calmer and overall better. During this retreat you will learn the neuroscience behind the process, the mindfulness context and practice and the practical ways that you can shift from pain to ease.
Mindful Living and Healing is for you if:
- You sometimes feel that you intellectually understand what has happened to you but the emotions won’t let go
- You feel hijacked by triggers of emotion, anger, irritation and sadness at various times without knowing why
- You have been through a difficult experience that you feel is still lingering and you don’t know what to do about it.
Outcomes of this retreat include:
- Feeling overall calmer, more present and kinder
- Not as triggered and more able to catch and deal with triggers
- Have the tools and ways to down regulate yourself from panic attacks or high levels of anxiety
- Feel more connected to the world around you
About the facilitator Charlotte Thaarup
Charlotte is one of the most experienced mindfulness retreat leaders in Australia. She has trained with some of the best in the world both in terms of the neuroscience behind mindfulness but also with the traditional Buddhist teachers. Both her ‘Dear Body’ program and her corporate program are university researched showing clear strong positive results.
*Please be aware this Specialty Retreat offers a lot of content (9 hours). We aim to schedule sessions at times that allow for minimal interference with the mainstream program, although some of our regular activities may be happening at the same time. We try to find the right balance in helping you enjoy all that Golden Door has to offer. Please consider this as you make your choice.