- This event has passed.
Dear Body Mini Retreat – Cooma 2019
March 29 @ 11:00 am - March 31 @ 2:00 pm
The Dear Body Mini Retreat: Love your Body, Free Your Mind, Eat Mindfully.
Lifelong Skills for Inner Peace
Join us for Dear Body: A three day weekend retreat designed to give you the space and tools to relax, reflect and create the way of living you truly desire. This retreat gives you permission to reconnect with yourself, unwind and truly escape so you can have clarity and feel rejuvenated.
Your location is the lovely village of Cooma; an easy one hour drive from Canberra, nestled within the NSW Snowy Mountains, the perfect place for reflection. You will enjoy delicious wholesome food, morning yoga sessions, walks, meditation and be introduced to the most powerful mindfulness techniques and insights.
We begin at Birdsnest at 11:00am Friday morning, where you have the opportunity to be inspired, styled and pampered. There will be a nest tour, seasonal update over lunch and a facilitated group try on session in the store, plus the option for an individual styling session. Next we make our way to Montague House where the Mindfulness retreat will commence at 2pm and continue throughout the weekend, finishing after lunch at 2pm Sunday.
Charlotte Thaarup-Owen, founder of The Mindfulness Clinic and leading figure in Mindfulness and holistic living, will take you through the empowering Dear Body journey with warmth and energy that will bring out the very best of you.
You will feel refreshed and inspired at the end of this retreat, with a calmer approach to your life and a kinder relationship with your body.
This retreat weekend includes:
- An uplifting group styling session: Empowering, fun, and in the spirit of the ‘Dear Body’ retreat, a team of stylists will create a nurturing space for you to discover more about your personal style.
- Beautiful location and facilities: Your own little haven to escape to for the weekend with a range of accommodation options
- Time to relax and unwind with yoga in the morning
- Wonderful fresh, healthy food that will inspire a fresh start on healthy eating and link to the mindful eating focus of the weekend, and;
- The foundations of mindfulness so you can integrate this into your day to day life
The Dear Body retreat is perfect for you if:
- You would like powerful tools to help bring more calm & peace to your daily life
- You want to feel better in your body so you can build your confidence
- You have tried many things but still feel anxious
- You would like to experience for more joy, kindness and grace in your life
- You have trouble switching off
- You find it hard to break unwanted habits and create new healthy ones
- You would like to change your relationship with food and the body
- You would like helpful tips on managing expectations and your to-do-list
- You need some time out and time to rejuvenate and re-focus
At the Birdnest styling session you will experience:
- guidance, inspiration, and ideas for updating your wardrobe
- advice and suggestions of styles that suit your body type
- inspiration to try new looks and styles
- a delicious lunch and a peek at life in the nest
Friday March 29 at 11:00am – Sunday March 31 to 2:00pm
Past attendee experiences (testimonials):
“ The best course I have ever done (and I have done a lot) I now have the skills to live a more fulfilling life and have some more fun! ” – Susan Michael
“ It is a life changing course, I cannot express how grateful I am to have been part of it. Thank you. ” – Livia Lima
“ Excellent workshop. Charlotte is a skilled facilitator who brought up today’s research, gentleness, compassion, incredible skills in teaching mindfulness and managed the group beautifully. I have learnt so much more than expected through addressing deeper issues through mindfulness. I would hugely recommend this course to anyone open to change and looking for a more mindful way of living and a more positive and kinder relationship with self and food. ” – Alexandra Frost Clinical Psychologist (by the way, as a side effect, I have already ten days later lost 3 KG)
“Charlotte, I don’t know how to thank you! This is up there with Black, Blue, White that I did with Matthew Johnstone a few years ago. Life changing! ”
“The depth of knowledge and understanding was very evident to me. The way Charlotte was able to simplify the relevant research, studies and science behind the program was fantastic.”
Senior Exec, Kuala Lumpur
“This week has been a life changing experience.” Executive NSW
Dear Body Retreat: $995 per person (excludes accommodation)
Birdsnest personal styling session: $100 per person optional extra
For accommodation we recommend:
- Montague House (limited spaces available, please click here to reserve a room)
- Double bed and rooms $50 per person per night
- Single beds (bunk) $40 per person per night
- Altair Motel
- Cooma Georgian farm house
Local attendees who do not need accommodation are welcome to attend from 7:00am each morning of retreat