Mindfulness and Wellbeing
“Don’t meditate to fix yourself, to heal yourself, to improve yourself, to redeem yourself; rather, do it as an act of love, of deep warm friendship to yourself. In this way there is no longer any need for the subtle aggression of self-improvement, for the endless guilt of not doing enough. It offers the possibility of an end to the ceaseless round of trying so hard that wraps so many people’s lives in a knot. Instead there is now meditation as an act of love. How endlessly delightful and encouraging.” -Bob Sharples, Meditation: Calming the Mind
We all want to feel good, healthy, at ease and happy. Not only do many of us self-sabotage these desires, but sometimes we don’t even know how to go about creating them in the first place!
The great news is that a mix of mindfulness, exercise, good food (most of the time) with a sprinkle of positive focus and you have a solid foundation for both health and happiness, and to your general wellbeing.
Our survival instincts are there for our benefit and they run automatically. However, to establish internal health and joy we have to become conscious and rise above these basic automatic functions. We need to consciously choose health and especially happiness.
Seventy five percent of what we now know about the brain we have learned in just the past three years. And this staggering research has clearly shown that mindfulness is the perfect way to rewire our brain so that it can experience more joy and internal health.
How Mindfulness Works.
Mindfulness is a conscious decision to pay attention.
- It is being in the present moment.
- It is focus.
- It is not identifying with the habitual thoughts, reactions and judgments.
- It is freedom.
Mindfulness can be anything from a quick and simple tool to calm down, to a way of experiencing more focus and clarity, to a way of enabling more ease and freedom in our day-to-day experience. And there are NO side effects!
How do I get started?
There are three ways to get started with mindfulness:
- Private coaching – Mindfulness and Wellbeing Coaching is for you if you feel that you want a mind ‘reload’ or you feel stuck in an issue, overwhelmed or stressed. Or perhaps you would just like to receive a fresh wise perspective on what you are experiencing. We work with clients around the world and are able to offer face-to-face sessions Sydney and Newcastle, Australia. For more information please email Charlotte directly.
- Attend a workshop – Sometimes it can be challenging to reach out, and so we try to manage everything ourselves. Why not join others who are intrigued by mindfulness and attend one of our workshops.
- Consider one of our life-changing retreats in Bali. When you combine your complete mindfulness program with massage, yoga, a beautiful environment and plenty of warmth and kindness, the time spent at a revitalising retreat provides you with an unforgettable experience – a treasured milestone in your mindfulness journey. Click here for more information.
You can also start right now!
It’s simple and easy to get started with mindfulness, all you need to do is to start your mind training with 10 minutes a day. Click here for your free download.
Research shows that: Mindfulness reduces stress and depression * Mindfulness reduces cellular aging * Mindfulness keeps the brain ‘agile’ * Mindfulness reduces blood pressure * Mindfulness improves our memory * Mindfulness promotes emotional regulation * Mindfulness promotes resilience * Mindfulness reduces rumination * Mindfulness increases Wellness*Mindfulness increases focus and attention * Mindfulness improves quality of sleep * Mindfulness increases our feeling of happiness and contentment.